Life can sometimes feel out of control, like we’re lost in a world of random surprises and twists, subject to the whims of chance. But while this may be the feeling, it’s not the truth. The truth is God is in control at all times. He is directing all things.
God directs all things. ((Categories adapted from Wayne Grudem’s discussion in his Sytematic Theology, pp. 315-354))
- God directs nature. (Psalm 65:9-10, 104:14, 148:8; Job 5:10, 37:6-13; Matthew 5:45; Acts 14:17) ((Scripture references culled from Grudem, pp. 315-354 and John Jefferson Davis’ Handbook of Basic Bible Texts, pp. 49-52))
- God directs animals. (Psalm 104:27-29; Job 38:39-41; Matthew 6:26, 10:29)
- God directs “luck.” (Proverbs 16:33)
- God directs nations. (Job 12:23-24; Psalm 22:28; Jeremiah 27:5-6; Daniel 2:21; Acts 17:26)
- God directs our lives. (Job 14:5; Psalm 139:16; Proverbs 20:24, 16:9)
- God directs evil into good. (Genesis 50:20)
God directs all things for His glory.
“For my own sake, for my own sake, I do it, for how should my name be profaned? My glory I will not give to another.” Isaiah 48:11
And God directs all things for our good.
“And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.” Romans 8:28
Relax today in the knowledge that God is directing your life, your every little step for His glory and for your good. Amen.